(When you apply, please include the words “I want to work for Ruby Digital because …” in your cover letter and explain the exact reasons that you have. Any applicants that do not include this will not be considered.)
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Ruby Digital is a small but mighty multi-award-winning digital marketing agency near Century City, Cape Town.
We specialize in SEO, Paid Media, Web Development, Content Marketing and more to create meaningful, predictable growth for SMEs, B2B companies, and enterprises in various industries.
We are an effective and dynamic team passionate about educating, growing and moving the digital industry forward.
We’re looking for a humble, hungry, and smart Admin Assistant & Bookkeeper to join our growing team.
You will be a great fit if:
- You have great people and communication skills.
- You have excellent accounting skills, a Sage Programme pro, 2-3 Years bookkeeping to trial balance experience and have debtors and creditors experience.
- You have great attention to detail and are passionate about amazing client service.
- You are able to work under pressure, multitask and adapt to a multitude of different office admin tasks.
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others.
- You are a tech-savvy professional who is passionate about digital marketing and growing their skills within the industry.
- You have access to the internet and a minimum 10+MBPS line (can do video call with no issue).
About the role
The Admin Assistant and Bookkeeper will need to have the ability to work tight deadlines and be the voice of Ruby Digital. As the Admin Assistant and Bookkeeper, you will need to multitask between a list of admin duties and company accounting requirements.
Ruby Digital is a great place to work, with flexi-hours while growing within Ruby Digital and gaining fantastic experience doing interesting work with varied clients.
- General remote office administration and take up admin duties as assigned
- Manage travel, birthday, new recruitment and anniversary arrangements for staff members.
- Answer and address clients’ questions and queries
- Check sort and forward emails
- General Admin behind deals (including contracts)
- Preparing and upkeep of client files
- Monthly Management of accounts and reconciliations.
- VAT 201 Returns and deadlines
- Cashbook processing
- Bank Recons
- Invoicing (Supplier / Client)
- Journals on Pastel
- Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Debtors and Creditors
- Upkeep of accounting record and basic bookkeeping, balancing/processing on Sage
- Accounts, invoicing, staff attendance, daily monthly wages, SARS submissions, UIF, controlling petty cash.
Attributes & Requirements
- 90-day probationary period
- Excellent accounting, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player
- Proficient in English
- Awesome organizational skills
- Creative mind
- A willingness to take ownership of the work and not afraid to show initiative.
- Hard work ethic
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel and SAGE)
- Xero experience as well as Sage Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in office admin and bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping or Accounting qualification (Diploma or certificate)
- *Benefits start after a 90-day probationary period
- Job Type: Permanent
- Xero experience as well would be a plus
- Remote working position
- Flexible work schedule
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- Retirement Annuity contribution
Job Type: Permanent (3 month probation)