If we had to write a poem about Google, it would be filled with adjectives relating to its marvelous search capabilities…about how almost any question never need remain unanswered…how information is at our fingertips 24/7 and so forth, but what you may not know is, that apart from being the world’s most popular search engine, Google is packed with other features of which you may not be aware.
Want to find out more? Here are a few fun facts that may just save you a little time in the future.
1. Problem: Can’t find your calculator?
Solution: Type the equation in the search bar, hit enter, and Google Calculator will pop up.
2. Problem: Need to find out the distance between two destinations?
Solution: Type “place” to “place”
3. Problem: Not sure if a certain flight is on time?
Solution: Type in the flight number for up to date departure and arrival times, along with terminals and gates.
4. Problem: Indecisive? Torn between 2 options?
Solution: Flip a coin
5. Problem: Stress got the better of you?
Solution: Spend a few minutes playing Atari Breakout and reboot your brain. Simply go to Google Images and type ‘atari breakout’ in the search bar, and voila!
6. Problem: Tired of modern day living?
Solution: Why not take a look at what Google looked like in 1998 when it first launched.
7. Problem: Bored
Solution: Delve into the world of: elgooG
With so many fun features, it’s best to explore during your lunch break!
8. Problem: Internet connection is down
Solution: This is the perfect opportunity to play this game which can only be played when you are offline.
9. Problem: Feeling nostalgic and longing for the good ol’ days?
Solution: Take a trip back in time and play a few rounds of Pac-Man
10. Problem: Board game already set up but can’t find your die?
Solution: Type ‘roll a die’ in the search bar and you can roll the die as many times as you wish.
11. Problem: Need to finish a task which you’ve been putting off?
Solution: Give yourself a specific amount of time to finish the said task by setting a timer.
12. Problem: Patience wearing thin whilst waiting on hold for your call to be answered?
Solution: Alleviate stress by playing a few rounds of Solitaire.
13. Problem: Busy with a little DIY around the house, but can’t find your spirit level?
Solution: Grab your mobile device, click on Google and type ‘bubble level’ into the search bar, and you’ll never need your spirit level again.
14. Problem: Bank queue doesn’t seem to be moving, and you’ve checked your Facebook timeline 7 times already. You’re starting to become frustrated.
15. Problem: About to call your grandmother in a far flung land to wish her for her 80th, but not sure what time of day (or night) it is there?
Solution: Simply type: ‘time in’ followed by the place, and you’ll become grandchild of the year as opposed to ‘the inconsiderate one who always calls at the wrong time’.
16. Problem: Not sure what the day’s weather holds?
Solution: Type ‘weather’ into the search bar, and, if you’ve chosen not to reveal your location to Google, type in the city or town’s name.